About Texas Women's Highland Games

Our Purpose:



To increase awareness and involvement of women in the sport of the Highland Games. Promoting a fun, active, family friendly and competitive sport by providing information and resources to all those interested in joining us in our continuing adventures!




Please see our FAQ page for all those burning questions you have about how you participate, what to do, who to talk to and where to go!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another damn Irvin kid! (by way of marriage) - Erin Ireland


  I am a plain Jane country gal from a small town in Arkansas.  I am a mommy of the two most adorable boys ever (what parent does not say that).  I tend to be quiet and reserved around people I do not know very well, but do not let my outer shell fool you.  I am a quirky, dorky, free spirited nerd.  It does not take much to get me excited and the little things mean more to me.   I love knowledge and my little family.

             I have always been physically active since I was a wee child.  I grew up on a dairy farm and participated in sports.  I ran track and played basketball all the way to college.  I then became a rescue swimmer in the Navy.  I currently volunteer with the National Park Service along with outdoorsy activities.

            I watched my first highland game in Stillwater, OK.  I instantly had to try this fascinating sport.  When I stopped being pregnant all of the time, I competed in my first game at the Iron Thistle this April.  Since then, I competed in Joplin and in the Celtober games.  Just after a handful of experiences, I have fallen in love with the games and the magnificent people it comes with.  I have a lot of hard work ahead of me.  My goal is to make the highland games part of my life.  Also, to defeat my most feared enemy, weight for distance.  I am excited to get to know everybody in this little community.  I am looking forward to seeing everybody in the field next year.

 ~ Erin Ireland


As ever photo credits to Larry Ventress at Pioneer Photography. http://pioneerphotography.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx


You can catch Erin's scores here:
http://www.nasgaweb.com/dbase/resultsathlete3.asp?athletename=Ireland%2CErin&athleteyear=2012&type=nasga&x=16&y=8

No comments:

Post a Comment