About Texas Women's Highland Games

Our Purpose:



To increase awareness and involvement of women in the sport of the Highland Games. Promoting a fun, active, family friendly and competitive sport by providing information and resources to all those interested in joining us in our continuing adventures!




Please see our FAQ page for all those burning questions you have about how you participate, what to do, who to talk to and where to go!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Meet Sara "The Greek" Kolokotsas



      Well hello there,  my name is Sara Kolokotsas.  I am 30 years old and if you can not tell from the name, I'm Greek.  Currently I am working with my parents at their deli.  I know what you are thinking; a Greek family that owns a restaurant, no way.  Right now I am in the process of  earning my Masters in Social Work.  Actually, I have been in school the better part of my 20's and now into my 30's.  If being a college student could be classified as a job, I would have it nailed down.  I guess you could call me a nerd, but I see that as a good thing.



I have always considered my self somewhat of an athlete.  So when I had the opportunity to attend some practices for the Highland games I was pretty excited.  After one practice my friend talked me into signing up for the Celtober Cowtown Highland Games.  Im not going to lie, I was pretty nervous.I haven't competed in a serous athletic even since college.  And I think people could sense how anxious I was because they kept telling how nice everyone was who competed in these games.  I just assumed they were trying to ease my nerves, but they were not.  The people I met were simply amazing.  I have never been apart of an athlete competition where the athletes were so supportive of one another.  So now I am addicted to the sport of Highland Games, and I can not wait until my second competition.





As ever photo credits to Larry Ventress at Pioneer Photography. http://pioneerphotography.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx

You can find Sara's scores here:



No comments:

Post a Comment